Priorities for federal infrastructure grant funding will take a new direction, according to the Honourable Amarjeet Sohi, the Federal Minister responsible for infrastructure and Communities. Fortunately, this new direction appears favourable to building complete streets in Prince Rupert.
Grant applications that aim to achieve the following outcomes should be viewed most favourably:
1. Increase the rate of economic growth in an inclusive and sustainable way;
2. Improve environmental quality, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase resiliency of communities
3. Improve mobility in Canadian communities;
4. Make Canadian communities more inclusive and accessible;
5. Manage infrastructure in a more sustainable way.
View our slideshow and learn more about how Complete Streets contribute to acheiveing the above goals in communities all over North America.